Summer Drool III
To kick off a Put It Up Summer (2010), I’ve put together some more good droool. It might be a bit early, but its finally above 70° in Portland and time enough! This is my favorite mix to make and to listen to, and I’ve tried to make III as fun as the few in the past. It’s full of songs I don’t get tired of and a few field recordings which I’ve made recently that remind me of some solid good times. I hope these summer jams are as inevitable and as relaxing as your soaking towel is, when, sweating and spinning in your bed, you have to use it as a bedsheet.
Tracks after the jump!
1. Field Recording – Birds on Monroe St —- Gene & the Esquires – Space Race
2. Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beak, Mick & Titch – Hold Tight!
3. The Monks – Love Came Tumblin’ Down
4. Piyama Party – Fan De Carcass
5. Evangelicals – Skeleton Man
6. Thee Oh Sees – Mega-Feast
7. The Drums – Let’s Go Surfing (Knight School Version)
8. D. Lissvik – 23
9. The Flamin’ Groovies – Yes It’s True
10. Ariel Pink’s Haunted Graffiti – Round and Round
11. Twin Sister – All Around and Away We Go
12. Field Recording – Coney Island in April —- Pill Wonder – What We Know —– Studio – Impossible
13. Korallreven – The Truest Faith
14. Caribou – Leave House
15. The Smiths – What Difference Does It Make? (Peel Session)
16. Raymond Scott – Portofino 2
17. Jack Nitzsche – The Lonely Surfer
18. Donnie and Joe Emerson – Baby